Terms & Conditions2020
Aputure Light this Location 2019 Contest
Terms & Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE IN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY SUBMITTING A FILM IN THIS CONTEST, YOU GRANT SPONSOR A BROAD LICENSE TO USE YOUR FILM AS DETAILED IN THE “LICENSE” SECTION BELOW. YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR FILM MAY BE PLACED BY SPONSOR WITHIN A PUBLICALLY AVAILABLE DATABASE OF FILMS ON THE INTERNET. HOWEVER, THERE IS NO GUARANTEE ANY FILM SUBMITTED IN THIS CONTEST WILL BE USED BY SPONSOR AT ALL.
WINNERS MAY BE REQUIRED TO EXECUTE PRIZE ACCEPTANCE DOCUMENTS AND RETURN THEM WITHIN TEN (10) DAYS FROM DATE OF ISSUANCE OF NOTIFICATION (OR OTHER SPECIFIED TIMEFRAME IN NOTIFICATION) OR PRIZE MAY BE FORFEITED (IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION), AS MORE FULLY DETAILED BELOW.
FILMMAKING EQUIPMENT, INTERNET ACCESS, WEBSITE ACCOUNT CREATION AND AGREEMENT TO TERMS, AND A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS ARE REQUIRED.
BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (“TERMS”), WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SPONSOR FROM THE ENTRANT (i.e., A REQUIREMENT THAT THE ENTRANT DEFEND AND/OR REIMBURSE SPONSOR FROM/FOR CERTAIN LOSSES), AND A LIMITATION OF ENTRANT’S RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
THERE IS ALSO A RANDOM DRAWING SWEEPSTAKES BEING OFFERED IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST, FOR WHICH THERE ARE GOVERNING RULES THAT FOLLOW AFTER THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
The Aputure Light this Location 2019 Contest (“Contest”) is sponsored by Emgreat Group Inc, 11223 Rush St, Unit G, South El Monte, CA 91733 (“Sponsor” or “Aputure”). The Contest begins at 12:00:00 a.m. U.S. Pacific Time (“PT”) on August 21st, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PT on November 11th, 2019 (the “Contest Period”).
To enter, eligible participants must first determine whether they will participate in this Contest as an Individual, a Group, or an Organization. Once determined, the eligible Individual, Group, or Organization may enter the Contest by creating and submitting a Film Package through the Website (terms as defined in the “How to Enter” section below) during the Contest Period. Note that Entrants (defined below) must start and finish creating the Film during the Contest Period. As set forth in more detail below, the Film Package must include a Film and a Brief (defined below) that describes the Entrant and his, her, their or its Film. The Film must be created by people in the Entrant’s home region of either (i) North America, (ii) South America, (iii) Oceania, (iv) Asia, (v) Africa, or (vi) Europe (each a “Region”) within the Territory.
To be eligible, the Film Package must be submitted to Sponsor during the Contest Period and in accordance with the procedure described below. Eligible entries received in accordance with these Terms will be evaluated by a panel of Sponsor-selected Judges (defined below), then, selected and verified Finalists will be subject to a second round of judging that includes public voting, all in accordance with the judging procedures detailed under the “Winner Selection” section, below. By entering this Contest, Entrant agrees that (even if Entrant is not a winner) the film may be included in a publically viewable online database and the how Entrant’s Film ranked in the scores given by the Judges (see the “License” section below). PRIZES IN THIS CONTEST WILL BE AWARDED TO THE ENTRANT IDENTIFIED IN THE ENTRY (WHETHER AN INDIVIDUAL, GROUP, OR ORGANIZATION). IF THE ENTRANT IS A GROUP (AS DEFINED IN THESE TERMS), THE PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED TO A REPRESENTATIVE OF THE GROUP.
For the purposes of this Contest, the “Territory” means any area, country, state, territory, or province where applicable laws do not prohibit participating in the Contest and includes (i) North America, (ii) South America, (iii) Oceania, (iv) Asia, (v) Africa, and (vi) Europe. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the foregoing language, the Territory does not include Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, and any other area or country designated by the applicable United States agency that designates trade sanctions. This Contest is open only to the following:
- natural persons who are, as of the date of entry, (i) a legal resident of a jurisdiction within the Territory; (ii) fluent in English; and (iii) at least eighteen (18) years old and the age of majority in his or her jurisdiction of residence (e.g., country, province, state, prefect, territory, or district) (each and any, an “Individual”);
- entities and organizations that are, as of the date of entry, legally formed or recognized by a jurisdiction within the Territory, have a principal place of business in the Territory, have an annual revenue of less than two million U.S. dollars (USD$2,000,000) per year, and have an authorized agent who meets the requirements of an Individual set forth above (each and any, an “Organization”); AND
- an association of two (2) or three (3) individuals that does not constitute a legally-recognized entity, provided that each natural person composing such an association is (i) a legal resident of a jurisdiction within the Territory; (ii) fluent in English; and (iii) at least eighteen (18) years old and the age of majority in his or her jurisdiction of residence, or a minor whose parent or legal guardian is the age of majority in his or her jurisdiction of residence (and also a member of the same group and has given permission for such minor to participate and accepts these Terms on behalf of such minor) (each and any, a “Group”).
(Where distinction is not necessary, any Individual, Organization, or Group that enters or attempts to enter this Contest is referred to in these Terms as an “Entrant.”) To be eligible, an Entrant must own or have access to Aputure or contest partner filmmaking equipment as of August 1, 2019, for use in making their Film Package.
Employees, officers, directors, members, managers, agents, and representatives of Sponsor (current or former) and any other entities participating in the design, promotion, marketing, administration, or fulfillment of this Contest, or any of their respective corporate partners, parent companies, divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors in interest, and advertising, promotion, and public relations agencies, judges and their employers, employees, managers, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) and any family member or member of the same household (whether or not related) of any such persons are not eligible to enter or win a prize in this Contest. For purposes of this Contest, the term “family members” is defined as any spouse, partner, parent, legal guardian, child, sibling, grandparent, grandchild, or in-law. Government officials, political figures, and businesses politically affiliated (all as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
Participation in this Contest constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Terms and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters. This is not an offer or solicitation in any jurisdiction where Sponsor is not authorized to do business.
HOW TO ENTER:
To enter this Contest, eligible Entrants must prepare and submit a “Film Package” to Sponsor during the Contest Period through the website located at www.lightthislocation.com (“Website”), including creating an account on the Website, following the Website’s on-screen instructions, and supplying all required information (“Brief”), which must include, without limitation:
- The Film (see “Submission Requirement” section below for requirements);
- The Film’s name and a short overview of the Film;
- A diagram of the floor plan of the shooting of the Film (“Floor Plan”), which is either drawn or computer generated and the final file must be uploaded directly to the Website as a PDF where indicated after the Entrant has created a Website account;
- A behind the scenes video, which must describe how the Film was lit and filmed (“BTS Video”) and must be uploaded directly to the Website as a H.264 file where indicated after the Entrant has created a Website account;
- Entrant’s home country/jurisdiction and Region;
- Social Media handle information; and
- Specify whether the Entrant is an Individual, Group, or Organization, and:
- If you are entering as an Individual, you will be required to: provide your full legal name, email address, mailing address, and phone number.
- If the Entrant is a Group or Organization, you will be required to:
- Identify each member of the Group or Organization by name and email address; and provide a short summary of his or her background and involvement in the Group/Organization. For an Organization, this may be limited to those personnel directly involved in the design or development of the Film.
- Provide the full legal name of the Organization or the name of your Group email address; and
- Provide the name of a contact person at the Group/Organization and his or her email address, mailing address, and phone number.
An Entrant’s Film Package (described and defined above), and any other text, video, images, or other content that an Entrant submits to Sponsor as part of this Contest are referred to collectively as the Entrant’s “Entrant Content”. All Entrant Content submitted in this Contest must comply fully with the “Submission Requirements” section of these Terms below.
The Film Package and related content and information submitted through the Website in accordance with these Terms, all instructions on the Website, and instructions of Sponsor, and actually received by Sponsor, the Film Package and submission are referred to in these terms as an “Entry.” All eligible Entries received during the Contest Period will be judged as more fully detailed in the “Winner Selection” section. Those Entrants who are selected and verified as Finalists will be judged again as part of the Finalist Judging Phase, as more fully described below.
Only one (1) Entry per Individual, Organization and/or Group in this Contest. An individual person cannot participate alone or as a member of more than one type of Entrant. Entries must be submitted and received by Sponsor during the Contest Period and in strict accordance with these Terms. The database clock for the Website will be the official timekeeper for this Contest. For purposes of this Contest, only complete Entries that are actually received by Sponsor through the Website and during the Contest Period will be considered. Other proof of submitting or attempting to submit an Entry (such as, without limitation, a printed, saved or copied automated receipt confirming Entry, a “Thanks for submitting” screen or message) does not constitute proof of actual receipt of the Entry for purposes of this Contest. Those who do not abide by these Terms and the instructions of Sponsor and provide all required Entrant Content may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified. Entries or participation may not be acknowledged and will not be returned. Entries (or participation that does not qualify as an “Entry”) that are incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, mutilated, fraudulent, illegitimate, incomprehensible, garbled, or generated by a macro, Film, or other automated means will not be accepted and will be void. Entries or participation made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party not affiliated or associated with that Entrant (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) or originating through any commercial promotion subscription, notification, or entering services will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Contest. No Released Party will have any responsibility or liability for any dispute regarding any Entrant, including the identity of any Individual Entrant, the composition or members of a Group or Organization Entrant, or the distribution of any prize won among members of a Group or Organization Entrant. In the event that any dispute regarding an Entry or Entrant (including those regarding the identity or members of an Entrant Group/Organization or any Entrant’s rights in a Film) cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the Entry will be deemed ineligible and the Entrant disqualified. As a condition of entering the Contest, without limiting any other provision in these Terms, each Entrant gives consent for Sponsor and its agents to obtain and deliver his/her/their/its name, address and other information and Entry to third parties for the purpose of administering this Contest and complying with applicable laws, regulations, and rules. ENTRIES MAY NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED, WILL NOT BE RETURNED AND, IN FACT, MAY BE DESTROYED. KEEP A COPY OR THE ORIGINAL OF EACH ELEMENT OF THE ENTRY. ANY ENTRY THAT DOES NOT CONFORM TO THE REQUIREMENTS IN THESE TERMS MAY, IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION, BE DEEMED INELIGIBLE.
During the entry process Entrants will be given the opportunity to opt-in to receive marketing emails from Sponsor. Opting in to receive such marketing emails is required for entry into this Contest, but any Entrant may opt-out from marketing communications at any time by following the instructions or link provided in the marketing communication.
After submitting an Entry into this Contest, Entrants agree that if Entrants submit the Film (or any derivative works created from the Film) to any film festivals, other contests, and/or other promotions, Entrant will include Aputure’s logo (as approved and supplied by Sponsor) in the Film credits. Sponsor grants to Entrant a revocable right and license to include such Aputure logo for the limited purpose of including such logo in the Entrant’s Film credits.
Entrant Content must meet all of the following requirements, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, or the associated Entry may be disqualified:
- Entrants must start and complete creating the Film during the Contest Period. The Entrant’s Film must be entirely original and new idea of Entrant and cannot be based in any way on a pre-existing Film.
- Entrants must not place their name or any identifying elements in the Film (including the Film credits).
- The entire Film must be shot in one location.
- The Film must be no longer than five (5) minutes in duration.
- The BTS Video must be no longer than ten (10) minutes in duration.
- The word “ACCENT” must be verbally expressed directly in the Film (and not in the credits).
- The floor plan should clearly indicate camera placement, lighting location, and talent placement. Any use of lighting modifiers, hardware or additional camera accessories especially by those brands involved in the Contest should be mentioned.
- The Entrant Content must not contain, exploit or address political issues, or otherwise not meet Sponsor’s ethical, business, or other standards.
- If the Entrant Content or any element of the Entrant Content is the subject of a complaint by a third party, the related Entry or any aspect of it may be disqualified and removed.
- All Entrant Content – aside from the Film itself – must be entirely in the English language. The Film may be in any language (or any combination of languages).
- If any part of a Entrant’s Entrant Content depicts, identifies, or includes any person that is not Entrant itself/himself/herself/themselves, Entrant must have all permissions and rights from the individual depicted, identified, or included (and, if such individual is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) and agrees to provide Sponsor with written confirmation of those permissions and rights upon request.
- All aspects of the Entrant Content must be solely owned by or licensed to the Entrant or in the public domain. All third-party content not owned by or licensed to the Entrant is prohibited, unless such content is in the public domain. Sponsor may request written proof of ownership of or adequate license to Entrant of any Entrant Content. Failure to timely provide adequate proof of ownership or sufficient license rights in any content included in the Entrant Content (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) may result in the Entrant being disqualified and all Entries deemed void.
- All Entrant Content – aside from the Film itself – must be entirely in the English language. The Film may be in any language (or any combination of languages) or in no language.
- Entrant Content must not create or imply any association between Sponsor and any individual or entity or his, her, their, or its products or services, including the Entrant. Entrant Content must not contain any recognizable third-party trademarks (including logos), trade dress, or other brand elements.
- Entrant Content must not infringe, misappropriate, or violate any rights of any third party including, without limitation, copyright (including moral rights), trademark, trade secret, or rights of privacy or publicity.
- Entrant Content must not include information or content that is false, fraudulent, deceptive, misleading, defamatory, libelous (including trade libel), disparaging, harassing, threatening, profane, obscene, pornographic or otherwise adult-oriented, hateful, indecent, inappropriate, or injurious to any Released Party or any other party.
- Entrant Content must not contain or describe any harmful or illegal activity or content or in any way violate any federal, state, or local laws, rules, or regulations.
- Entrant Content must be suitable for presentation in a public forum.
- Entrant agrees that his, her, or its participation in the Contest and agreement to these Terms and any Released Party’s reproduction, display, and use of the Entrant Content in accordance with these Terms will not violate any agreement to which Entrant is a signatory or party.
- Entrant agrees to indemnify the Released Parties against any and all claims from any third party for any use or reuse by any Released Party of the Entrant Content authorized under these Terms.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify from the Contest any Entrant whose Entry (in its sole discretion) refers, depicts, or in any way reflects negatively upon a Released Party, the Contest, or any other person or entity or does not comply with these Terms, including any of the above Submission Requirements.
All Eligible Entries will be judged by a panel of judges chosen by Sponsor in its sole discretion (the “First Stage Judges”) as they are submitted during the Contest Period and ending on or about November 11th, 2019. All eligible Entries will be evaluated under the following criteria according to the percentage weights indicated (the “Criteria”):
- Originality/Creativity – The degree of originality and creativity that is evident in the Film. [40%]
- Quality of the Film – The amount of quality of the Film, including, for example, the video quality, the cinematography skills demonstrated and storytelling. [20%]
- Quality of the BTS Video – The amount of quality of the BTS Video, including, for example, the video quality, the depth to which the filmmaker demonstrates his or her process and the extent the filmmaker goes to explain how he or she created each aspect of the film’s cinematography. [15%]
- Quality of the Floor Plan – The amount of quality of the Floor, including, for example, the descriptive quality of the floor plan, the depth to which the filmmaker draws out his or her process and the extent the filmmaker goes to show how he or she created the film’s final look. [15%]
- Use of Aputure or Contest Partner Products – The extent to which Aputure or Contest partner equipment or other products are used to create the Film Package. Contest partners are identified by their logos on the Website. [10%]
Selection of Finalist Entries: The one (1) eligible Entry with the highest score for each of the six (6) Regions will be deemed “Finalists Entries” for a total of six (6) Finalist Entries. In the event of a tie in the selection of a Finalist Entry for any of the Regions, the Entry with the highest score in the “Originality/Creativity” Criterion will be named a Finalist. If there is still a tie, the Entry with the highest score in the “Quality of the Film” Criterion will be named a Finalist. If there is still a tie, the Entry with the highest score in the “Quality of the BTS Video” Criterion will be named a Finalist. Each of the Finalist Entries will advance to Finalist Judging Phase as defined and described below. Sponsor or its designee will attempt to notify the potential Finalist Entry winners on or around November 18th, 2019, by email or other means (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion).
The Finalist Judging Phase: Each of the Entrants with the six (6) Finalist Entries (each Individual, Group, or Organization is a “Finalist” and collectively they are “Finalists”) will receive the Regional Prize as defined and described in the “Prizes, Quantity and Approximate Retail Value” section below. The one (1) Finalist Entry with the highest “Grand Final Score” as determined by the following percentage weights and in accordance with the below will receive the Grand Prize, subject to verification: the Finalist Judge Score [80%] and the Public Vote Score [20%] (both as defined below). The one (1) Finalist Entry with the highest “Audience Choice Final Score” as determined by the following percentage weights and in accordance with the below will receive the Audience Choice Prize, subject to verification: the Finalist Judge Score [75%] and the Public Vote Score [25%]. If the same Finalist Entry has both the highest Grand Final Score and the highest Audience Choice Final Score, such Finalist Entry will win the Grand Prize and the Finalist Entry with the second highest Audience Choice Final Score will win the Audience Choice Prize (all subject to verification).
- All Finalist Entries will be judged by a new panel of judges (“Finalist Judges” and collectively with the First Stage Judges, the “Judges”), in accordance with the same Criteria and percentage weights indicated above (“Finalist Judge Score”).
- In addition, all Finalist Entries will receive a “Public Vote Score” which will be determined as follows: The entire Film Package will be posted on or linked to from the Website. Public voting will open at or around 12:00:00 a.m. PT on November 18th, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PT on December 2nd, 2019. Visitors to the Website will be directed to vote for the best Entrant Content in accordance with the following selection standard: “Vote for the most creative entry that demonstrates excellence in cinematography and storytelling.” There is a limit of 10 votes per voter for the entire Contest. Entrants are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, including, without limitation, by offering prizes or other inducements in exchange for votes. Use of these techniques, or of any script, macro, or other automated or artificial system to vote, or acting in any manner with the intent or effect of impairing the integrity of the voting process, is prohibited and all such votes will, upon discovery by the Sponsor, be deemed null and void and may lead to the disqualification of the applicable Finalist.
- For the Grand Final Score: the Finalist Entry that receives the most votes in the public vote will receive twenty points (i.e., all 20%), the Finalist Entry that receives the second-most votes will receive sixteen points (i.e., 16%), the Finalist Entry that receives the third-most votes will receive fourteen points (i.e., 14%), the Finalist Entry that receives the forth-most votes will receive ten points (i.e., 10%), the Finalist Entry that receives the fifth-most votes will receive five points (i.e., 5%), the Finalist Entry that receives the sixth-most votes will receive no points (i.e., 0%).
- For the Audience Choice Final Score: the Finalist Entry that receives the most votes in the public vote will receive twenty five points (i.e., all 25%), the Finalist Entry that receives the second-most votes will receive twenty points (i.e., 20%), the Finalist Entry that receives the third-most votes will receive fifteen points (i.e., 15%), the Finalist Entry that receives the forth-most votes will receive ten points (i.e., 10%), the Finalist Entry that receives the fifth-most votes will receive five points (i.e., 5%), the Finalist Entry that receives the sixth-most votes will receive no points (i.e., 0%).
- For clarification, in the event that more than one (1) Finalist Entry receives no votes, each will receive no points in the Public Vote Score. In the event of a tie, both Finalist Entries will get the most points possible for the applicable ranking. For example, if two Finalist Entries received 100 votes and that was the highest amount achieved among all entries, the tied entries would each get twenty points for the Grand Final Score (i.e., all 20%).
In the event of a tie in the selection of the highest Grand Final Score or highest Audience Choice Final Score, the Finalist Entry with the highest score in the “Originality/Creativity” Criterion will be named the applicable winner. If there is still a tie, the Entry with the highest score in the “Quality of the Film” Criterion will be named the applicable winner. If there is still a tie, the Entry with the highest score in the “Quality of the BTS Video” Criterion will be named the applicable winner. Sponsor or its designee will attempt to notify the potential Audience Choice Prize winner and Grand Prize winner on or around November 30th, 2019, by email or other means (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion).
Sponsor reserves the right to contact Entrants for verification purposes and administration of the Contest. All Judges’ decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. Each Entrant acknowledges that other Entrants may have created ideas and concepts contained in their Entrant Content that may have familiarities or similarities to his/her Entrant Content, and agrees that he/she/they/it will not be entitled to any compensation or right to negotiate with the Released Parties because of these familiarities or similarities.
Each potential Individual winner, all natural people who are members of a winning Group, and all representatives of a winning Organization (as determined and requested in Sponsor’s sole discretion) may be required to complete, execute, have notarized (if applicable), and return an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law), tax documents, and related prize-acceptance documents (collectively, “Winner Documents”) within the time frame specified and in the form provided by Sponsor, without revision, or prize may be forfeited. If any individual Entrant, individual member of a Group, or representative of an Organization refuses to comply with the foregoing requirements and other requirements of Sponsor, his/her/their/its Entry may be disqualified at any time in Sponsor’s sole discretion with no liability or responsibility to the respective Entrant or any individual within that Entrant, even if other Group members or Organization representatives have complied with the requirements. The Winner Documents, if applicable, must be received by Sponsor from the potential winner within ten (10) days of Sponsor sending the documents to the potential winner (or other time frame as stated in the Winner Documents) or prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. If any notification or other Contest-related communication is returned as undeliverable, or if a selected potential winner cannot be reached or does not respond as instructed after Sponsor has attempted to notify that potential winner, that selected winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected (time permitting and in Sponsor’s sole discretion). Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification procedures in connection with the selection of any alternate potential winner, if any. The prize claim and Winner Documents are subject to verification by Sponsor. The prizes, if legitimately claimed, will be awarded. In the event there are no eligible Entries received during the Contest Period for any of the six (6) Regions, Sponsor reserves the right to not award the Regional Prizes for such Region that received no eligible Entries. Sponsor will not be obligated to pursue more than one (1) alternate winner (time permitting) for any prize for any reason, provided that Sponsor will have no obligation to pursue alternate winners should no eligible Entries remain for a given Region.
PRIZES, QUANTITY AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”):
Regional Prizes: Subject to verification, six (6) Finalists will each receive Aputure Gear which solely includes the following (“Regional Prize”): three (3) Aputure LS 300d IIs; one (1) Aputure Spotlight Mount; three (3) Aputure Light Dome IIs; three (3) Aputure Light Dome Mini IIs; three (3) Aputure Lanterns; three (3) Aputure LS 120DIIs; one (1) Aputure Amaran MW; one (1) 12 LIGHT Amaran MC Kit; one (1) Aputure Amaran F7; four (4) Amaran RC Accent Bulbs; one (1) Aputure Amaran MX; three (3) Aputure Fresnel 2x; one (1) Aputure personalized SKB Case; three (3) Aputure barn doors; and three (3) Aputure light stands.
The total ARV for each Regional Prize is fifteen thousand U.S. dollars ($15,000 USD) for a total ARV for all Regional Prizes of ninety thousand U.S. dollars ($90,000 USD).
Audience Choice Prize: Subject to verification, one (1) Finalist Entry with the highest Audience Choice Final Score as described in the Finalist Judging Phase will receive solely the following filmmaking gear (“Audience Choice Prize”): two (2) Aputure Lightstorm 120d II; three (3) Aputure Barn Doors; three (3) Aputure Light Stands; one (1) Aputure MC; one (1) Aputure MW; one (1) Aputure MX; one (1) Aputure F7; one (1) Aputure Light Dome II; one (1) Aputure Mini Dome II; one (1) Aputure Lantern; one (1) Matthews Gold Lame Reflector; one (1) Matthews MQ Mount; one (1) Matthews Silver Matthflector; one (1) Vaxis Storm 3000 DV TX; one (1) Vaxis $200 Gift Card; one (1) Hive Hornet 200-C; one (1) Chimera Bowens Ring Series II; and one (1) Chimera Pancake Lantern w/ Skirt.
The total ARV for the Audience Choice Prize is forty thousand U.S. dollars ($40,000 USD).
Grand Prize: Subject to verification, one (1) Finalist Entry with the highest Grand Final Score as described in the Finalist Judging Phase will receive solely the following (“Grand Prize”) (all values in US Dollars): one (1) RED HELIUM 8K CINEMA CAMERA including one (1) RED DSMC2 PRODUCTION KIT; three (3) Aputure Lightstorm 300d II; one (1) Aputure Nova 300c; one (1) Aputure Spotlight Mount; three (3) Aputure Light Dome II; three (3) Aputure Barn Doors; three (3) Aputure Light Dome Mini II; three (3) Aputure Lantern; three (3) Aputure Lightstorm 120d II; one (1) Aputure MW; one (1) Aputure 12-Light MC Kit; three (3) Aputure F7; four (4) Aputure Accent B5c Bulbs; one (1) Aputure MX; three (3) Aputure Fresnel 2X; one (1) Aputure 3-Light SKB Hard Case; three (3) Aputure Light Stands; plus, the following packages: Chimera Lighting – ARV $10,000; Matthews Studio Equipment – ARV $10,000; Quasar Lighting – ARV $10,000; Bright Tangerine Camera Support – ARV $10,000;; Atomos Monitors – ARV $10,000; Digital Sputnik Lighting – ARV $10,000; Hive Lighting – ARV $10,000; Adorama Store Credit – ARV $10,000; ROSCO Gels & Lighting – ARV $10,000; Deity Microphones Sound Kit – ARV $5,000; Vaxis Wireless – ARV $10,000, and smaller Prize Packages Provided by: MZed, Zhiyun, SmallRig, MusicBed, Lume Cube, Aladdin, and Cam Caddie.
The total ARV for the Grand Prize is two hundred thousand U.S. dollars ($200,000 USD).
The total ARV for this Contest is three hundred thirty thousand U.S. dollars ($330,000 USD).
PRIZES IN THIS CONTEST WILL BE AWARDED TO THE ENTRANT IDENTIFIED IN THE ENTRY. IF THE ENTRANT IS A GROUP, THE PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED TO A REPRESENTATIVE OF THE GROUP.
Sponsor is not responsible for any inability or unwillingness of any winning Entrant to accept or use the prize (or portion thereof) for any reason. Prize elements will be sent to winners within approximately three (3) months of winner verification. Prize elements delivered by mail will only be mailed to the winning Entrant’s address within the Territory. Prize details not specifically stated in these Terms will be determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All taxes (including, without limitation, national, federal, state, provincial, territorial, prefectural, and/or local taxes), as well as any expenses arising from acceptance or use of the prize and not specified in these Terms as being provided as part of the prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor is not responsible for and will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen prize or prize element or any prize that is undeliverable or does not reach a winner because of incorrect or changed contact or bank routing information. If a winner does not accept or use the entire prize for any reason, the unaccepted or unused part of the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation with respect to that prize or portion of the prize. No transfers, prize substitutions, or cash redemptions will be made, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any stated prize or any component thereof with another prize or component of equal or greater value for any reason. No more than the stated prizes will be awarded. Entrants waive the right to assert as a cost of winning any prize, any and all costs of verification and redemption and any liability and publicity which might arise from claiming or seeking to claim said prize.
By entering, except where prohibited by law, each Entrant grants to the Released Parties (and their agents, successors, and assigns) the irrevocable, transferable, sublicensable, absolute right and permission to use, edit, modify, copy, reproduce, and distribute the Film Package (including the Film and the Film name) and any other Entrant Content that comprises the Entrant’s Entry in perpetuity and in any medium (including online and in digital media) in any language, throughout the world, for the purposes of evaluating Entries, administering and marketing this Contest and/or Sponsors products or services, including (i) placing the Film in an online public searchable database of films and videos (“Film Database”) (ii) announcing and publicizing the name of each and every Film submitted and its ranking in accordance with the Judges’ scores and public voting and (ii) selecting, announcing, and publicizing each winner and its Film. For the avoidance of doubt, Entrant retains all ownership rights in the Film; Released Parties do not have the right to sell your Film. Each Entrant further grants to the Released Parties (and their agents, successors, and assigns) a non-exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, transferable and sublicensable right and license to use his, her, or its (and his/her/its Film’s) trade names and trademarks (including logos) in connection with this Contest and the Film Database, including, without limitation, for the purposes of announcing and publicizing the Entrant’s ranking (even if not a winner), and whether the Entrant is a winner.
Each Entrant hereby acknowledges and agrees that the relationship between the Entrant and each of the Released Parties is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other special relationship, and that the Entrant’s decision to submit his/her/its Entry for purposes of the Contest does not place any of the Released Parties in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements of the Entry (including, without limitation, the Film Package), other than as set forth in these Terms. Each Entrant understands and acknowledges that the Released Parties have wide access to ideas, text, images, code, applications, software, and other creative materials. Each Entrant also acknowledges that many ideas for films, videos, and products may be competitive with, similar to, or identical to its Film and/or each other in idea, function, components, format, or other respects. Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that such Entrant will not be entitled to any compensation as a result of any Released Party’s use of any such similar or identical material that has or may come to such Released Party from other sources. Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor does not now and will not have in the future any duty or liability (direct or indirect; vicarious, contributory, or otherwise) with respect to the infringement or protection of the Entrant’s copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights in and to his/her/their/its Entry, including the Film contained or described therein. Each Entrant acknowledges that, with respect to any claim by Entrant relating to or arising out of a Released Party’s actual or alleged exploitation or use of any Entry or other material submitted in connection with the Contest, the damage, if any, thereby caused to the applicable Entrant will not be irreparable or otherwise sufficient to entitle such Entrant to seek injunctive or other equitable relief or in any way enjoin the production, distribution, exhibition, or other exploitation of any Released Party film, product, service or other property, and Entrant’s rights and remedies in any such event are strictly limited to the right to recover damages, if any, in an action at law.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES:
Sponsor, and its affiliates, directors, officers, consultants, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
Nothing in these Terms limits, excludes, or modifies or purports to limit, exclude, or modify any statutory consumer guarantee or any implied condition or warranty, the exclusion of which from these terms would contravene any statute or cause any part of these Terms to be void (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Subject to the limitations in the preceding sentence and to the maximum extent permitted by any mandatory provisions of applicable law, by entering the Contest, Entrant (including each Group member and every natural person who is a part of an Organization): (i) agrees to release, hold harmless, and indemnify Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever for injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, mis-delivery, acceptance, possession, use of, or inability to use, any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory (however (but only if required by law in your jurisdiction), this release, hold harmless, and indemnification commitment does not apply to cases of bodily injury or loss of life or to the extent that any death or personal injury is caused by the negligence of sponsor or other third party, where liability to the injured party cannot be excluded by law); and (ii) waives all rights to claim direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special and consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, if any, not to exceed $10 USD, including costs associated with entering the Contest and attorneys’ fees.
EACH ENTRANT UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT ALL RIGHTS UNDER SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA AND ANY SIMILAR LAW OF ANY COUNTRY, STATE, JURISDICTION OR TERRITORY ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVED BY ENTRANT. SECTION 1542 READS AS FOLLOWS:
“A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER, WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.”
The Released Parties are not responsible and/or liable for any of the following, whether caused by a Released Party, the Entrant (or a member of any Entrant Group or Organization), or by human error (except to the extent that any of the following occur for reasons within Sponsor’s reasonable control, if applicable law in your jurisdiction of residence dictates that liability to the injured party in such a case cannot be excluded by law): Entries made by illegitimate means (such as, without limitation, by an automated computer program); any lost, late, postage-due, incomplete, illegible, incomprehensible, mutilated, or misdirected email, mail, or Contest-related correspondence or materials; any error, omission, interruption, defect, or delay in transmission or communication; viruses or technical or mechanical malfunctions; interrupted or unavailable telephonic, cellular, cable, or satellite systems; errors, typos or misprints in these Terms, in any Contest-related advertisements, or other materials; failures of electronic equipment, computer hardware, or software; lost or unavailable network connections or any failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications; technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Entries; or any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize. Released Parties are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or for insufficient space in a person’s email account, or voicemail inbox, to receive, email or voice messages. Released Parties are not responsible, and may disqualify an Entrant, if any contact information provided by the Entrant does not work or is changed without giving prior written notice to Sponsor. Without limiting any other provision in these Terms, the Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any Entrant or winner (or any person claiming through such Entrant or winner) for failure to supply a prize or any part thereof in the event that any of the Contest activities or Released Parties’ operations or activities are affected by any cause or event beyond the sole and reasonable control of the applicable Released Party (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), including, without limitation, by reason of any acts of God, equipment failure, threatened or actual terrorist acts, air raid, act of public enemy, war (declared or undeclared), civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, epidemic, fire, explosion, earthquake, flood, hurricane, unusually severe weather, blackout, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slowdown, any law, rule, regulation, action, order, or request adopted, taken, or made by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such governmental act proves to be invalid), or any other cause, whether or not specifically mentioned above.
By entering this Contest (except where prohibited by law), each natural person agreeing to these Terms as part of a Film Package (as the Entrant or on behalf of an Entrant Group or Organization) grants the Released Parties the irrevocable, sublicensable, free-of-charge, absolute right and permission to use, publish, post or display his or her name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, any quotes attributable to him or her, and any other indicia of persona (regardless of whether altered, changed, modified, edited, used alone, or used with other material in the Released Parties’ sole discretion) for advertising, trade, promotional and publicity purposes without further obligation or compensation of any kind to him or her, anywhere worldwide, in any medium now known or hereafter discovered or devised (including, without limitation, on the Internet) without any limitation of time and without notice, review or approval, and each such person releases all Released Parties from any and all liability related to such authorized uses. Nothing contained in these Terms obligates Sponsor to make use of any of the rights granted herein and each natural person granting publicity rights under this provision waives any right to inspect or approve any such use.
Sponsor’s decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Contest, including interpretation of these Terms, selection of the winners, and awarding of the prizes. All Entrants, as a condition of entry, agree to be bound by these Terms and the decisions of Sponsor. Failure to comply with these Terms may result in disqualification from the Contest. Entrants further agree to not damage or cause interruption of the Contest and/or prevent others from participating in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to restrict or void participation from any, IP address, email address or domain, or device if any suspicious Entry and/or participation is detected. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void Entries or other participation by any person or entity who Sponsor believes has attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Contest. In the event there is an alleged or actual ambiguity, discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials and these Terms (including any alleged discrepancy or inconsistency within these Terms), it will be resolved by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Terms. If Sponsor determines (at any time and in its sole discretion) that any winner or potential winner is disqualified, ineligible, in violation of these Terms, or engaging in behavior that Sponsor deems obnoxious, inappropriate, threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, or harass any other person or entity, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify such winner or potential winner, even if the disqualified winner or potential winner may have been notified or displayed or announced anywhere. Sponsor’s failure to or decision not to enforce any provision in these Terms will not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Terms will otherwise remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. If the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest and award the prizes based on eligible Entries received prior to cancellation, modification, or suspension, if any, or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. If any person supplies false information, participates or submits Entries by fraudulent means, or is otherwise determined to be in violation of these Terms in an attempt to obtain a prize, Sponsor may disqualify that person (and any Entrant on the behalf of which such person participated in the Contest) and seek damages from him or her and that person may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. If any dispute regarding an Entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, such Entry will be deemed ineligible. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST VIOLATES CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND MAY SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Except where prohibited by law, any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action between a participant and any Released Party arising out of or connected with this Contest, the determination of any winner, or any prize awarded must be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will a participant be permitted or entitled to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than the participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (if any), not to exceed ten dollars ($10 USD), and each participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
This Contest and any dispute arising under or related thereto (whether for breach of contract, tortious conduct, or otherwise) will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California, USA, without giving effect to its conflicts of law or choice of law principles or rules that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction. Any legal actions, suits or proceedings related to this Contest (whether for breach of contract, tortious conduct, or otherwise) will be brought exclusively in the state or federal courts located in or having jurisdiction over Los Angeles, California, USA, and each Entrant accepts and submits to the personal jurisdiction of those courts with respect to any legal actions, suits or proceedings arising out of or related to this Contest.
For information about who won or to obtain a copy of these Terms, send an email with the subject line “Aputure Light this Location 2019 Contest – Who Won?” or “Aputure Light this Location 2019 Contest – Rules” as applicable to email@example.com Only one (1) request per each type of request above per person or entity or email address will be fulfilled. Terms requests must be received no later than the end of the Contest Period. Requests for winner information must be received no later than 3 months after the end of the Contest Period.
Emgreat Group Inc, 11223 Rush St, Unit G, South El Monte, CA 91733 USA.